“An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
While Ben Franklin was referring to education in the above quote, it equally applies to hiring an SEO team. Part of being a successful business owner is investing wisely in available resources to get the best results. When considering SEO companies, you will find a wide range of pricing. In this industry, knowledgeable professionals are your best asset, even if their fees are higher. While it may be tempting to use bargain SEO services to improve your company’s visibility, it’s just not a good idea. Cheap SEO services can be a waste of money and worse, damaging to your brand. Here are 10 reasons why you should avoid them altogether:
Content is Key
Any truly successful SEO campaign is going to include consistent and quality content. This is one of the biggest budget items for a top-tier SEO campaign. If you are on a tight budget and employ cheap SEO services, your content will reflect this. Poorly written content can actually hurt your brand and company image. Blogging impacts search rankings but it is also a reflection of your company. Badly written blogs appearing on your site will discourage readers from using your services. Don’t risk ruining the first impression prospective clients, customers and business partners have of you with cheaply produced content.
Along with content, quality backlinks are critical. These are the two biggest impact items for an SEO campaign. Quality link placements can provide long-term benefits but are also expensive. Links can be natural, built through partnerships or placed in other sites through the comments section, guest book etc. Quality content will naturally be linked to by other people and sites. Cheap SEO services may pay low wages to workers to randomly paste inbound links and backlinks to your site. This is the lowest-rated type of link and can be counterproductive. While quality link research and implementation is expensive, it also helps your company get the right kind of visibility from your target audience.
Consider the Longevity of Your Campaign
A limited budget will only give you a short-term campaign. To have truly impactful results, you need to implement a long-term strategy. If you invest in the short term, you are limiting the reach of your results. A successful SEO strategy builds upon each phase and further promotes your business to your ideal clients. This takes time. If you are using cheap SEO services, you may be signing up for a short-term campaign with few long-term benefits.
Avoid Cookie-Cutter Strategies
Every business needs an individual SEO plan. Cheap SEO services will use a cookie-cutter model to promote your company. Your culture, offerings and goals are individual to you and need to be taken into account when strategizing. If you use a cookie-cutter SEO system, there is nothing to differentiate you from your competition. In this digital age, it is important to stand out (in a positive way) and set yourself apart. Clearly identifying your individual goals and executing a custom SEO plan is a great start.
Time is Money
If you have minimal resources for your SEO team, you can expect limited availability and communication. With cheap SEO services—and so many other things—you get what you pay for. If you are paying the rock-bottom rate, you may also get rock-bottom service.
Steer Clear of Reliance on Automated Tools
Fewer financial resources mean that, in addition to cookie-cutter SEO strategy, your company may also rely on automated tools. Automation can be a good thing, but isn’t when it comes to building your brand. Your company needs to reflect quality: quality content, quality links and quality research. These things all require a very skilled human hand to execute.
Experience Can Be Expensive
More affordable SEO services generally mean less-experienced personnel. A top-rate SEO professional will bill accordingly. While the cost may seem high, the benefit to your business can make all the difference. SEO is an ever-changing field and it is important to hire someone that understands how it has developed and where it is going in the future.
Understand Quality SEO Research and Evolving Trends
SEO research is an ongoing process. SEO professionals that have been in the business have seen dramatic changes in the last five years and know that more changes are coming as search engines and technology evolve. It’s a good idea to invest in knowledgeable professionals who work hard to stay at the forefront of this field.
Black and Gray Hat Techniques
Affordable SEO companies may feel pressured to produce immediate results. This can create a very strong temptation to use black and gray hat techniques to boost search results. If your hired SEO strategist indulges in any of these techniques, your company can be penalized. Search engines take these things seriously and it can take a lot of time and effort to try to minimize the damage.
Live Chat and Social Media
SEO campaigns can and should be extensive. Promoting your business can include much more than search engine results. A cheap SEO service will probably neglect other important conversion tools such as live chat and social media. Social media can be a great way to generate local leads. An experienced strategist will implement ways to get more engagement on Facebook and Twitter. In addition, an experienced SEO company will also understand how live chat lifts conversion rates and can directly impact your sales and customer base.
In the world of SEO, the saying “you get what you pay for” is very true. While everyone’s budget is different, carefully weigh the expense vs. the benefit when considering your SEO team. A cheap service may seem like a deal at the time but can have long-term negative impacts on your business and brand. Finding a quality partner that can produce quality work and results is worth every penny.
Almost all businesses are striving to grow. Don’t neglect these 5 effective ways to generate local leads for your dental office. As a business owner or practitioner in the dental field you probably rely on local customers for repeat business. Here are some ways to generate local leads to help you grow.
- Be great at what you do. First and foremost you want to shine to your current clientele. The best referral is from an existing client who raves about you. If you give excellent service, do not be afraid to ask people for reviews or referrals. Sometimes a great customer may not realize how important he or she is to your practice. Let your current clients know how much you appreciate them and need them. Be sure to communicate that you are taking new patients and are always open to new referrals.
Social media can be a powerful lead generator. The world of business today is much different than it was even 20 year ago. People utilize online review sites to get feedback about restaurants, hotels, and all different types of services, including dental work. If you are not currently utilizing social media as a marketing tool, you need to start. Social media has many different venues and strategies to leverage it to the best of your ability. Online reviews, social websites such as facebook and twitter, and local community webpages can be effective marketing tools if leveraged correctly.
- Don’t underestimate the power of online reviews. Online juggernaut google offers people an opportunity to review a business as soon as it populates in the search engine. Yelp and Angie’s list are just two additional examples of popular review sites that are frequented. If you are running a dental office, odds are the bulk of your customers are a little leery about scheduling that first appointment to being with. Having a stack of positive reviews with current clients raving about how comfortable they are in your office and how kind and caring your staff are can help soothe any fears of the dentist and get that prospective customer to schedule that first appointment.
- Search engines matter. Your dental office is looking to grow and you would like to generate more local leads. Where do you rank on the search engines? Where does your business show up on google when you perform a search for dental offices and your city? If you are on pages 3– 10, you may not see an impactful increase in leads from these sites. Utilize marketing professionals to boost your websites search results and your SEO results. If SEO sounds like a foreign language call an expert to translate and implement meaningful adjustments so you can reap the rewards of today’s internet age.
- Construct your website and content with your ideal client in mind. Think about your dream client; now think about your marketing efforts, is your marketing targeted to your ideal prospects? Your website and content need to be meaningful resources for your clients and would be clients. Your site should stay fresh and up to date. In today’s world of immediate information and business listings to choose from your online marketing needs to be up to date and stand out from your competitor’s.
- Social media matters.
- Smallbiztrends gives tips to using underused online marketing tactics. Some ideas include connecting to a cause, promoting your clients, and podcasting. Connecting to a cause that is near and dear to your heart and cross promoting your business and your cause can be very beneficial. If you are looking to generate local leads consider choosing a cause that is community oriented that would allow you to reach important community leaders while fundraising or promoting the cause. Promoting your clients is another way to cross promote. Many of your clients are probably business owners or in sales and would love an opportunity to be featured on your website, while also speaking about their experience as your patient. A podcast is another way to generate leads. A podcast is a form of digital media that is typically setup as a series for people to follow and listen to. If you have a specialty or a lot to talk about regarding your business and have a way with words this could be a fun way to engage a larger audience and drive new leads to your practice.
- Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin can all be used to impact and generate local leads for your dental office. Twitter, while limited to 140 character posts at a time, gives you an opportunity to briefly offer insights into your practice and tag important articles or information for your client base. Facebook can accomplish the same things and allows for more room to include additional information. Facebook is also an excellent opportunity to establish the face of your company, to share more personal stories about your staff and to give potential clients a feel for what you and your business are about. Linkedin is a professional networking site. This is an excellent opportunity to network with other professionals in your field and related fields and become referral sources for one another.
- A bonus tip: Community webpages can be phenomenal for your business. Local pages that can be found on Facebook, yahoo, and others are centered on specific local communities and often serve as a referral base. To capitalize on local leads investigate in advertising opportunities. You may also want to be active in these groups. If your current clients are happy tell them not to be shy in sharing their experiences on these types of pages.
Every business owner is striving to grow and thrive. Don’t waste opportunities to generate local leads for your dental office. If these marketing tactics are outside of your comfort zone there are professionals that can tackle these tasks for you. You and your staff are the front line of promoting your business but don’t neglect the opportunity to have a powerful online presence and referrals. When considering your marketing resources you may want to consult with an expert to explore how and where to put your marketing dollars and efforts. You need to reach potential clients and let them know why you are the best choice for them.
Attracting new users to your website can be difficult. But with these five web design tactics you can maintain an active readership base, attract new users, and increase your page hits.
1. Bright Colors and Eye-Catching Designs
With billions of websites available to Internet users at literally the click of a button, it is SO important to make sure that your website stands out! A dull or monochrome website is likely to turn users off, while a vibrant and visually appealing site will attract more readers and ensure that those who are sent to your website via an external link are immediately hooked.
Be careful to not go overboard with the bright colors and designs as this can be seen as a lack of professionalism and will likely turn users off as well. In general, keep it simple. A cool background and neat letterheads will do more for your site than you would imagine.
2. Easy Readability
One of the most important elements of any website is that it is user-friendly. Web pages must be easy to read, with reasonably-sized texts, good fonts, and appropriate spacing. Users can become very annoyed or frustrated when they attempt to read pages or articles only to find that the words are too small, the font too whimsical, and the text all jumbled. When this happens the reader will more than likely become confused or distracted and choose to leave your site. To keep users on your site and attract more to it, make sure to keep ALL of the aspects of easy readability in mind and you will be just fine.
3. Sensible Layout
Most people are familiar with the frustration that comes with searching for a website only to discover that the website is poorly formatted and almost impossible to use. So frustrating, right? Maybe the website was laid out in a confusing way. Maybe it was outdated or unintuitive. Whatever the reason, nothing drives away users faster (and prevents your website from becoming more popular) than a website that is difficult to navigate.
Make sure your website is clearly laid out so that users can access the parts of the website that they need, without getting bogged down by overly intrusive advertisements. Otherwise, users will search for “better” websites with more sensible designs.
4. Clear Directions
When necessary, it is important to include steps or instructions so that users can find the part of the website that they are seeking. For example, it might be important to include explanations like, “To read about more of my ideas, click on the bio section!” or “Use the search bar to find any product you need!”
Websites can be complex, and it is important that users know where to find what they want. This goes hand-in-hand with designing a user-friendly and intuitive layout that users will understand. If your website is easy to use, it will attract more users, and encourage those who have been using your website to keep coming back for more.
5. Modern Designs
Last but not least, make sure your website doesn’t look as though it hasn’t been updated in ten years! An outdated website is sure to put off users who are afraid that the website owner doesn’t care about how they present themselves. It’s also likely to strike users as challenging to use even if it isn’t. Technology is all about clean, interesting presentation and designs that catch the eye. Don’t cripple your website by refusing to keep it updated, modern, and interesting. Users will be attracted to websites with new layouts and features, and will be more likely to pay attention to websites that look well-maintained.
If you’re looking to boost your website traffic, these five web design tactics are sure to help attract and keep new users. If you’re stuck, try to remember what attracts you to certain websites, and incorporate that into your work.